Magic Chef Range Gas to LP Conversion

Old 12-29-04, 10:10 AM
wollbs
Visiting Guest
Magic Chef Range Gas to LP Conversion

Greetings,

I have read through the forum posts but I have not found any mention of my issue.

I am converting my 20yr? old Magic Chef with Uniburners Range (still has analog timer clock but electric ignition) from Natural Gas to LP. I have tighted the 4 orifices for the 4 burners the whole way down with 1/2" wrench, and I have flipped the regulator part and I have switched the pilot screw to LP Position.

I know that I still need to adjust the one burner for the oven/broiler. The plate under the cover of the stove states "replace thermal eye orifice with copper colored hood provided". I think this is referring to a pin-less orifice on the oven burner. Does this analysis make sense? Where would I get the proper copper orifice for this oven burner? Do I want to remove the burner and take it in to the shop?

Lastly, the part number is apparently old enough that it can not be tracked.

Thanks for your help,
Brandon

Old 12-29-04, 05:40 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello Brandon and Welcome to the Do It Yourself Web Site and my Gas Appliances topic.

Suggest you take the brand name, model number and serial numbers to the local appliance parts store of your choice. The conversion orifice needed can be obtained there. Appliances parts stores are listed in the phone book.

Your quote states "replace thermal eye orifice with copper colored hood provided." Which means the stove came with the correct orifice and that one does need to be replaced. If it is not there, buy the replacement and install it. The hole size will than be the correct btu size.

Maytag Appliance Home Page:
http://www.maytag.com
Maytag 1-800-688-9900 USA
Maytag 1-800-688-2002 Canada
Maytag is also the maker of Amana, Jenn-Air, Magic Chef and Caloric Appliances.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: