Kenmore Gas Dryer, not drying

Old 01-03-05, 05:44 PM
firedude78
Visiting Guest
Question Kenmore Gas Dryer, not drying

Hi,
I have a 4 year old Sears Kenmore Elite Gas Dryer. The burner ignites, stays on about 7-9 seconds and goes off, Comes back on after about 15-20 seconds and repeats the cycle. I have replaced the thermostat, thermistor and thermal fuse, thinking one of those had to be the problem. I have also cleaned all the vents. I get the same results as before, seems to be no improvement. The clotes inside the dryer do not get just barely warm, they eventually dry but takes hours, especially for heavy towels or bluejeans. I am now thinking the temp switch may be bad, but wanted to get another opinion before changing that. The model No. is 110.70932990 and Serial No.MJ4906529 Thanks for any help.

O'Neil

Old 01-03-05, 08:30 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello firedude78. Welcome to my Gas Appliances topic and the Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

Chances are the two solenoids on top of the gas control valve are defective. You'll need to remove the entire burner assembly, than remove the two coils on top of the gas control valve and replace them.

Retail appliance parts dealers can also help determine what the most likely possible problem may be. They will need the make, model and serial numbers. Appliance parts dealers are an excellent source for original replacement parts and problem resolving matters. Dealers are listed in the phone book under appliances.

Be sure the electrical power to the appliance is turned off, before attempting any repairs. Always check for gas leaks whenever moving the appliance and/or a repair includes any connection of a gas part.

Read the existing questions on the subject of dryers. Doing so will quickly provide you with answers to questions & provide additional information on how to resolve the problem.

Dryer help info:
http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=159481

Use the reply button to add additional information or ask additional questions. Doing so will automatically move or keep your question to the top of the forums list of questions.

Web Site Host, Forums Monitor, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator & Multiple Forums Moderator. Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Personal Safety Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

DRYER SERVICE TIP:
It's always adviseable to clean the entire exhaust venting system every 2 years. Or during any dryer maintenance, connection, servicing and or repairs.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: