Caloric Heritage Series Oven Doesn't Light

Old 01-04-05, 02:17 PM
kenters
Visiting Guest
Caloric Heritage Series Oven Doesn't Light

Hi. When I try to turn on my oven (Caloric Heritage Series w/Electronic Ignition) to any temperature, it just keeps making a clicking sound, like it's trying to light. I smell gas when I do this, so I don't think there's any problem w/that. The gas burners on the stove work fine. Is there any advice that anyone can give me to get the oven started up again? Thanks.

Old 01-05-05, 05:38 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 5 Upvotes on 4 Posts
Hello kenters and Welcome to the Do It Yourself Web Site and my Gas Appliances topic.

If the pilot lighting system for the oven is a spark ignitor, chances are the pilot assembly is dirty. Use a can of computer keyboard compressed air to blow out the assembly.

The can of cleaner comes with a plastic tube extension. Stick the end into each opening in the assembly and blow out the dust, lint and or debris that may be in the assembly. Retry the oven again. Chances are the sparker will light the pilot gas providing no damage is done to the sparker element and it is lined up and secured correctly in the assembly.

Retail parts dealers and appliances parts stores can also help determine what the possible problem may be based upon that specific brand and model. Bring the make, model and serial numbers. Dealers and appliances parts stores are listed in the phone book.

Additional Suggestions:
Read the manufacturers online web site for product information, problem possibilities, causes, solving methods, part locations, disassembly, reassembly methods, repair procedures, pictorials, schematics, repair and or owners manuals which may be available online.

Before attempting any repairs, be sure to unplug the appliance from the wall receptacle power source first.

Help Link:
Range-Stove-Oven-Broiler Basic Help Information & Manufacturers Web Site Links: http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=159808

Use the reply button to add additional information or questions. Using this method moves the topic back up to the top of the list automatically.

Web Site Host, Forums Monitor, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator & Multiple Forums Moderator. Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics and Repair Technician.

Personal Safety Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Old 01-05-05, 06:00 AM
kenters
Visiting Guest
thanks

thanks for the advice...i will give it a try

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: