Gas stove with heater?

Old 02-21-05, 09:18 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Gas stove with heater?

Hi,
I live in mass,and own a two family home.The 2nd floor is heated with a gas
stove wich has a gas "Log" heater on the side.Its all one unit.This stove is about 19yrs old,and made by Glennwood.I relize Glennwood is no longer in bussiness.
I was trying to find out if its possible to get a replacement for this.I can't get any info from the local dealers,they say they don't make them anymore?
These were popular around here.They heat good.Any ideas where to look
for info on this type of unit?Thanks

Old 02-21-05, 08:15 PM
Admin Emeritus
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello: cschroth1

Truth is, I haven't got a clue. Never seen one in all my years either. Stove with a built in heater...hummm. Out this way, west coast are, no such appliance exists, to the best of my knowledge.

However, the question has come up in this forum topic several times prior. That specific brand is not made in the USA, best as I can determine. Some are possible to be out dated much to far and or out of code in many areas.

Sorry I can't help anymore.

Old 02-23-05, 03:15 PM
C
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Smile Gas Range Model # ??

Hi,
I have an older Glennwood gas stove appox 20yrs old.
My question is I cannot make out most of the Model #.How do I go about getting the correct parts for replacement?
My 2nd question is this is a gas stove with gas log heater on the side.We heat our upstairs apt with it.Iam told they don't make this type unit any more.
How long would parts be available for it,and whats my best source for these hard to find parts?I live in Mass south of Boston.
Thanks

Old 02-23-05, 07:08 PM
Admin Emeritus
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello: cschroth1

I combined both the questions into one. This one. If someone other than myself has additional information to further assist you, they will post it to this same question on the same appliance. Kindly be patient.

Also consider that no one has any additional information and parts are not likely to be available for any number of reasons. Since the company is out of business and the appliance is older than ten years, not likely to find parts.

Old 02-24-05, 08:58 PM
M
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
I am familar with ranges with heaters. I believe either Wedgewood or O'keefe & Merritt had them. In fact they were even made with electric heaters. I don't know about "gas log heater" type. What parts are you looking for??

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: