Problem with Fridigair gas clothes dryer

Old 02-28-05, 06:31 PM
marks
Visiting Guest
Problem with Fridigair gas clothes dryer

My 15 year old propane gas dryer has a problem. The drum turns whne started. The glow plug is glowing and the propane gas ignites. The glow plug stops glowing. The propane gas will burn for approx. 10 to 15 minutes and then shuts off and the flame goes out. The dryer continues to run with the drum turning. The glow plug will not glow again. If I stop the dryer wait about one minute and start the above process again, the above happens again.

Any suggestions? Is my glow plug not heating to the proper temp or is there a thermostat that is not working correctly. Just a note all the parts are original. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,

Marks

Old 03-01-05, 05:45 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
First place I would start is with the vent and filter. Is filter clean, are there any kinks in vent, is vent clean?? Can you disconnect vent at dryer and run dryer to see if operates properly??

Old 03-02-05, 02:45 PM
marks
Visiting Guest
Problem with Fridigidair gas dryer

Dear mkb3,

Thank you for the suggestions. But I already checked the dryer vent and filter. All is clear. Even vacumed everything from the filter and vent to make sure. Also, I disconnected the vent tube that goes outside and there was no blockage to the outside and the air flow out the exhaust tube was very strong.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you,

Marks

Old 03-03-05, 02:52 PM
marks
Visiting Guest
Propane clothes dryer problem

Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Thank you,

Marks

Search this Thread

Ask a Question