Dryer Gas Leak problem on existing connection - need help

Old 03-11-05, 09:21 AM
rav
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Dryer Gas Leak problem on existing connection - need help

I finally got my 7yr old Kenmore gas dryer working after replacing the thermal fuse but ran into another problem.

Looks like I have a gas leak problem.

After cleaning the exhaust piping and before moving back the dryer to its original spot, I thought it would be wise to make sure none of the gas flex hose connections in the back leak since I have been moving around the dryer so much.

Even though I did not undo/open any of the gas line connections, I found a small gas leak at the flex hose connection (silver male/female connectors) going into the rear of the dryer using a soap/water solution.

Help - How should I fix this leak??? Please provide detailed steps.

Can I just buy something to apply/bond to existing connection to stop the leak or will I have to undo/open existing connection and then apply something and re-tighten???

Should I just try tightening it some more (it seemed pretty tight already - afraid of damaging the gas line/flex hose)???

Thanks!!!

Old 03-11-05, 09:33 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
If the leak is in the solid part of the connector where it attaches to the dryer, you may be able to tighten it up. If it is behind (in the flexible part of the connector) you will have to replace it. Good luck and please be careful.

Old 03-11-05, 12:00 PM
rav
Visiting Guest
It is the solid part where the threads are.
Which direction to tighten: clockwise or counter-clockwise???

Thanks!!!

Old 03-11-05, 12:04 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Clockwise as you face the dryer.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: