Thermador switch spark

Old 03-14-05, 10:59 AM
carolyn soltau
Visiting Guest
Thermador switch spark

I have an old GCV36GS Thermador Gas cooktop (about 18 years old). The right front burner switch spark is bad. We had all 4 sparks continuously sparking before we bypassed this spark switch. Now I must light this burner with a match. Thermador evidently no longer makes this part. I've tried to get it several places. Repairclinic.com sent me a part that was supposed to be for this model, but it is the wrong size and shape. Is there something I can do to get this working again? We just replaced the countertop, and everything else works. I don't want to replace the whole range cooktop and coutertop for a missing part that should cost about $15.00!

Carolyn

Old 03-14-05, 02:44 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
For the time being are you able to trade switches with a lesser used burner?? I would certainly think the switches should be available. Maybe if you took it to your local parts house they could match it up by sight not model.

Old 03-14-05, 03:28 PM
carolyn soltau
Visiting Guest
Thanks for your reply, mbk3. The burner works with a match. I really want to get it fixed to work correctly with the ignitor though! The dealer I bought it from can't find the part, and I have checked numerous resources including those recommended by Thermador. The part repairclinic.com sent (414568) is also what appliancepartspros.com says is replacement for this, but my part is thinner and has no ears. When I spoke to both places over the phone they said that the part I need is no longer made. Guess I can check some salvage places to see if they have any. I was also wondering if there is anyplace that could adapt or repair this part so it works since finding a new replacement is not working out.

C

Old 03-14-05, 04:07 PM
M
Did you take in the old part and show it to someone?

Old 03-14-05, 04:20 PM
carolyn soltau
Visiting Guest
No, I have not! Do you think somone else makes a spark switch that would work for this old Thermador, and I could find one at a parts house by showing them my old part?

Old 03-14-05, 05:24 PM
M
I would certainlytry. I would be amazed if another mfg didn't use same one.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: