Kenmore gas range - adjusting thermostat

Old 03-15-05, 02:12 PM
Zimmerd
Visiting Guest
Kenmore gas range - adjusting thermostat

I have a Kenmore gas range (911-7360991). The oven runs consistently 25-30F cool. Is there some way to adjust the thermostat to make it more accurate?

Thanks to those who responded. I need to add this is a range with electronic. not manual, controls. Pull the knob and move the adjust screw one click is somwething I could do. However, with the electronic control panel, I have no idea.

If I end up having to add 30F every time I use the oven, so be it, but I think it ought to work as designed (and expected) if possible.

Last edited by Zimmerd; 03-16-05 at 12:11 PM. Reason: added detail
Old 03-15-05, 04:55 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
yes. When you pull the thermostat knob off you will see a adjustment screw in the center of the stem. Clockwise one division is a 25 degree increase and ccw one division is 25 degree decrease in temp. This job is best suited for someone who is familar with gas inputs and tstat adjusts. An oven thermometer must be used. All adjusts are made from 350 setpoint. Normally if temp is within 25 degrees + - is best to leave alone

Old 03-15-05, 05:35 PM
themechanix
Visiting Guest
oven calibration

i concur wholly with mbk! brand new from the factory t-stats have a plus minus 15 degrees accuracy "assurance". way too many potential side problems to warrant a calibration by the homeowner. make a mental note to turn dial up or make a check out to your local appliance repair business!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: