Gas grill to home LP hookup

Old 03-16-05, 11:38 PM
niteflyer83
Visiting Guest
Gas grill to home LP hookup

I would like to hook my gas grill to my home lp gas line so i don't have to constantly run to town for those small tanks.

I have a 300 gallon tank outside my home and copper tubes running to the appropiate appliances indoors.

Can i simply tap into that line and hook it directly to the grill after taking off the rubber tube line that comes on it?

Also since the tank has a regulator,do i need to have a small one on the grill as well?

I don't seem to be able to find conversion kits for this anywhere and where the original line from the grill(that has a small regulator attached) hooks to the small tank is a very odd connection and i can't find anything to fit it so i can keep the regulator that comes on it.
any help would be appreciated

Old 03-17-05, 06:17 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
Given that we are talking about propane I think It would be unwise to give advice on how to cut into a system. TOOOO many things can go wrong and believe they do. No disrespect intended, but if you have to ask I don''t think you should attempt this type of venture. I've been around the gas business a long time and have seen to many problems. And that includes the pro's also.

Old 03-17-05, 09:36 PM
niteflyer83
Visiting Guest
Thanks for your reply,

I built my home myself and that included all electric,plumbing,gas lines,ETC with permits and in code.

I know how to cut into the line and safely run it to the grill,I just can't remember whether I need to install a regulator on the grill or if the one on the tank will do the job.

Thanks again

Old 03-17-05, 09:45 PM
M
You have 11" thru the house right? If so no reg at BBQ. I wasn't trying to offend.

Old 03-19-05, 07:21 PM
niteflyer83
Visiting Guest
No offense taken and sorry if it seemed I did.

I fairly was sure I didn't need one but wanted to ask to make sure because I couldn't remember to save my life,lol.

Thanks again!

BTW,I got it hooked up now and all works great!!

Old 03-19-05, 07:31 PM
M
Thank you for replying. I'm sure you did a great job.

Old 04-03-05, 07:33 PM
Wolfgang
Visiting Guest
This post has helped me a lot. Very informative.
Just purchased a LP gas grill and wanted to know if it is okay to hook it up to my 1000 gallon tank.
thanks guys...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: