Clean BETWEEN inside/outside glass on oven stove door?

Old 03-29-05, 06:08 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Clean BETWEEN inside/outside glass on oven stove door?

As I write this, my TAPPAN free-standing gas stove is in the self-cleaning cycle for the oven. Somehow or another, however, gunk has accumulated BETWEEN the outside glass door and the inside glass window. (Believe it or not, I even see a few spider webs - any spiders are surely zapped by now!). Any suggestions on disassembling the door so I can get at the glasses to clean them (if I should try at all)? Should I try to take the oven door completely off first? Looks like there are screws all around the door that hold the layers together...but is a Do-It-Yourselfer capable of reassembly so that there are no dangerous leaks? Any other potential difficulties/problems I should be aware of? Thanks in advance for any help!

Old 03-30-05, 07:31 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
Some of the newer range oven doors slide right off the hinge. If yours does this than you could take it to a workbench and try disassembling the sections. Something , most likely a gasket has failed or it could be just loose screws. A point of caution. reinstalling the door on the hinges can be a bear. When you pull the door off the hinges will spring closed. You have to force them open and put a nail threw the hole in the hinge to keep it open until the door is slipped on. Give it a try. Hope everything I said pertains to your oven.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: