gas hotpoint oven wont light

Old 04-21-05, 03:52 PM
shaneclower
Visiting Guest
gas hotpoint oven wont light

we have a brand new hotpoint oven which was working fine. now we can't get the pilot in the oven to light. maintance men came and shut off our gas to replace a furnace. Electricans were allso doing work and turnied on and off breaker box. I was able to light the stove pilots and they are working fine but the oven will not do anything. What should i do? i have followed the directions on the oven door. i hear no gas.

Old 04-22-05, 01:35 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Clarification Requested

Hello shaneclower and Welcome to the Do It Yourself Web Site and my Gas Appliances topic.

If the appliance is "Brand New" it will not have pilots that burn constantly. It will have some variety of electronic sparking and or glowing hot surface ignition.

Kindly clarify what is meant by brand new. As in a recently purchased appliance or a new appliance to you? Important to know so an accurate determination can be made as to the exact problem and correct solution to that problem can be provided.

Retail parts dealers and appliances parts stores can also help determine what the possible problem may be based upon that specific brand and model. Bring the make, model and serial numbers. Dealers and appliances parts stores are listed in the phone book.

Additional Suggestions:
Read the manufacturers online web site for product information, problem possibilities, causes, solving methods, part locations, disassembly, reassembly methods, repair procedures, pictorials, schematics, repair and or owners manuals which may be available online.

Help Link: Range-Stove-Oven-Broiler Basic Help Information & Manufacturers Web Site Links: http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=159808

Use the reply button to add additional information or questions. Using this method moves the topic back up to the top of the list automatically.

Web Site Host, Forums Monitor, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator & Multiple Forums Moderator & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Personal Safety Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Old 04-22-05, 10:36 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
Actually this oven may have a pilot. IF the range was NOT equipped with electric. Meaning no power cord to even feed an oven light than it will have standing pilots. Have seen lots of apts that buy these low end ranges.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: