Replacing Ignitor

Old 04-26-05, 04:07 PM
lilman3213
Visiting Guest
Replacing Ignitor

I have a Whirlpool dryer model #lgr5587eq2 that tumbles but no heat. I checked for the Glow from the ignitor, and saw nothing. Im replacing the ignitor but cant get access to it. I first tried from the back, but it doesnt seem like the right approach. I also dont see how to remove front panel, which is how a site showing step by step process is doing it. How do I get to the ignitor?

Old 04-27-05, 01:35 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello lilman3213. Welcome to my Gas Appliances topic and our Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

Front panel access is usually gained by removing screws inside the door frame. Look around the inside frame and also at the base of the front outside panel. May be two screws there or clips under the front top cover between the top and the front panel.

Additional Suggestions:
Read the manufacturers online web site for product information, problem possibilities, causes, solving methods, part locations, disassembly, reassembly methods, repair procedures, pictorials, schematics, downloadable repair and or owners manuals which may be available online.

Whirlpool Appliance Home Page:
http://www.whirlpool.com

Retail appliance parts dealers can also help determine what the most likely possible problem may be. They will need the make, model and serial numbers. Appliance parts dealers are an excellent source for original replacement parts and problem resolving matters. Dealers are listed in the phone book under appliances.

Be sure the electrical power to the appliance is turned off, before attempting any repairs. Always check for gas leaks whenever moving the appliance and/or a repair includes any connection of a gas part.

Read the existing questions on the subject of dryers. Doing so will quickly provide you with answers to questions & provide additional information on how to resolve the problem.

Gas Dryer Help Link:
here:

Use the reply button to add additional information or ask additional questions. Doing so will automatically move or keep your question to the top of the forums list of questions.

Regards & Good Luck.
Web Site Host, Forums Monitor, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator & Multiple Forums Moderator. Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician. Utility Workers Union of America. UWUA (AFL-CIO)

Personal Safety Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

DRYER SERVICE TIP:
It's always adviseable to clean the entire exhaust venting system every 2 years. Or during any dryer maintenance, connection, servicing and or repairs.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: