Gas Oven (Successful DIY Repair Made)

Old 04-28-05, 09:27 AM
Tomho
Visiting Guest
Smile Gas Oven (Successful DIY Repair Made)

Tom, The Gas oven to my G.E. model JGBP26GEJ stopped working.
The Electric Ignitor in the oven appeared to be working because it was glowing red, But no gas was coming into the oven. My top burners were working fine.

After finding your site and reading your posts of others having similar problems I decided that it may be the ignitor bar. So I looked at my instruction book and found the model and part number. After searching the web I found the part at Bell Appliance Parts and best yet, it was on sale. I replaced the part, which was a G.E. Genuine replacement part number WB2X10016
The stove now works.
Tom I am no appliance expert and it took me approx 1 hour to replace this part with little difficulty. I felt that I should share this info with your other readers and, hope that they to will be able to fix whatever problem they may come accross. I am happy with the repair and feel that I have saved some money in return. Thanks Tom From Tom H.

Old 04-30-05, 11:25 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
Thank you for your responding. It is always nice to know the outcome of a project. I wish more people would respond after asking a question. (positive or negative)

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: