whirlpool dryer noise

Old 05-11-05, 11:22 AM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
whirlpool dryer noise

My whirlpool dryer model lg7001xswo started making noises while tumbling.It started intermittently then became longer.It seemed the hotter the dryer got,the more it would do it.I replaced the rollers & tension roller,but not the belt,because it looked good.After I reassembled it back together,after awhile it started again.I'm without a clue as to what it could be now.Help!!!!!!!!

Old 05-11-05, 07:45 PM
Admin Emeritus
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello eagle37372. Welcome to my Gas Appliances topic and the Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

Did you also replace the glider pads that support the front of the drum? Is there a rear bearing? Check these possibilities also.

Also be sure the belt is lined up exactly where is was on the drum prior to it's removal. Possible the drum or tube is not lined up correctly because the belt pulled or is pulling it off center, etc.

Knowing the exact type of noise also helps to diagnose specific parts that may be the cause. Noise is too generic. Squeaks and squeals, bumping, grinding, clanking, etc best help to describe types of noises.

Dryer help info: http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=159481

Whirlpool's Home Web Site: (Also makes appliances for Sears)
http://www.whirlpool.com

Additional Suggestions:
Read the manufacturers online web site for product information, problem possibilities, causes, solving methods, part locations, disassembly, reassembly methods, repair procedures, pictorials, schematics, downloadable repair and or owners manuals which may be available online.

Retail appliance parts dealers can also help determine what the most likely possible problem may be. They will need the make, model and serial numbers. Appliance parts dealers are an excellent source for original replacement parts and problem resolving matters. Dealers are listed in the phone book under appliances.

Use the reply button to add additional information or ask additional questions. Doing so will automatically move or keep your question to the top of the forums list of questions.

Regards & Good Luck.
Web Site Host, Forums Monitor, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator & Multiple Forums Moderator. Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician. Utility Workers Union of America. UWUA (AFL-CIO)

Personal Safety Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

DRYER SERVICE TIP:
It's always adviseable to clean the entire exhaust venting system every 2 years. Or during any dryer maintenance, connection, servicing and or repairs.

Old 05-13-05, 09:51 AM
E
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Angry Whirlpool dryer noise

On the Whirlpool dryer model lg7001xsw0,I forgot to mention that when it's tumbling & it starts to make noise,if I hit the tumbler it will stop for a minute or two,then start again.I did check the door glider & it looked in good shape.Also,the noise I mentioned is a grinding type noise.I also checked to see if the belt was put on the drum right & it is positioned in the same exact spot as it was.

Old 05-14-05, 05:15 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello: eagle37372

Check the fan blower area and parts. May be the blower fan is running out of round and striking into the blower housing, etc. Inspect that area closely. Wiggle the parts. May find a worn shaft or blower fan. Look for wear marks on and in the blower fan housing, etc.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: