...run a propane gas dryer off of a small grill tank?

Old 06-15-05, 01:51 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
...run a propane gas dryer off of a small grill tank?

I have no idea if this would work. I'm looking at a used washer/dryer and obviously the dryer is setup for propane. I'll be bringing in natural gas by the time the snow flys so I'd rather not go through the hassle of setting a new tank just for six months. Thought may the old gas grill tank might get us through?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-05, 05:57 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Possible but not Practical

Hello: TedW

In my opinion, the danger of having any propane tank(s) indoors is a huge risk factor to consider. The dryer will dry but the fuel supply will not last long. Once the fuel supply is gone, the dryer will continue to run while not drying. The wear and tear on the machine, during that non dry time will be wasted. Fuel supply will need constant attention. You'll at least two tanks and be required to make the change overs between tanks. Which is bound to be during some drying times, etc.

Old 06-17-05, 06:18 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I didn't buy it so it's not an issue but thanks for the input.
I was planning on putting the tank outside the window and running a line in to the dryer. As a rough guess based on how long a 20# tank runs my garage space heater I was estimating two to three weeks a tank. We dry at least half of our clothes on low and then just hang them on the line. I'm hoping to have LP Gas in here in the next three months so I figured I could squeeze it out that long without taking too many risks with the equipment or my life.