Whirlpool gas dryer not heating

Old 06-18-05, 10:19 AM
DIYJim
Visiting Guest
Whirlpool gas dryer not heating

We've owned this Whirlpool gas dryer for about ten years and have never had a problem with it (it does not have a pilot light). Yesterday, the gas company relocated our gas meter from the basement to outside (and had to turn the gas off for a short time while they were here). When they arrived, I was drying a load of clothes. They asked me to turn the dryer off, which I did. After they left, I tried to finish drying the clothes and the dryer would no longer produce any heat. After spending about 3 hours (what fun...) haggling with the gas co., they expressed doubt that my dryer problem has anything to do with the work done on the gas line. I refuse to believe that this could be a coincidence! Do you know of anything that could cause such a problem? I want to be forearmed when I talk to their people on Monday morning!

Old 06-18-05, 08:03 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
As much as you don't want to hear this , I would agree turning gas off to perform work would not affect dryer. Especially if dryer were off before gas was turned off. Assuming thats all that was done. Coincidences unfortunately do happen. Please make sure you have not accidently put control on "air" or "fluff"

Old 06-23-05, 12:55 PM
DIYJim
Visiting Guest
Thanks for your thoughts on this. Had the dryer repaired yesterday. Contractor said that there could have been a little moisture in the gas and when it was turned back on, the moisture hit the (???) and cracked it (it's pretty sensitive anyway). Gas co. is paying the repair bill.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: