Kenmore Series 90 gas dryer

Old 06-20-05, 10:05 PM
PWS
Visiting Guest

My gas dryer works intermittantly. It is running normally (heat and drum rotation) and then it stops mid cycle and will not restart when the start button is pushed. The timer runs. The door light works. There is no response when the start button is pushed. Often, if left for 30+ minutes, the start button will start the dryer (heat and rotation). Then the dryer stops again after a few minutes. This occurs even in the air dry only cycle. Sometimes, even after sitting idle for 30+ minutes, there is loud hum when the start button is pushed as if it is trying to start. The dryer does not respond.

Is it the motor?

Old 06-21-05, 07:15 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Could be motor is overheating=new motor. Don't take my word for it and run out and get a motor though. Test the run windings for continuity after it runs and then stops to see If open the themal overload has kicked in. Could be an internal motor problem or could be something causing the motor to work harder.Make sure the drum turns freely.

Last edited by joneq; 06-21-05 at 12:52 PM.
Old 06-21-05, 09:51 PM
PWS
Visiting Guest

After additional observation, the symptons have changed somewhat. Dryer stoppage does not occur during the air dry cycle. I ran it for 30 minutes after the dryer was idle for 30+ minutes. Also, in the heat cycle(s), I can stop the dryer and restart within the first 5 -10 minutes. If I stop the dryer after 15 to 20 minutes of running, I can not restart. The loud hum/buzz is present when I try. If I let the dryer sit for 30+ minutes, it will start in any cycle.

Old 06-22-05, 06:56 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
make sure the lint screen is clean and there are no blockages or kinks in the line going out of the house.should be blowing a lot of air outside.

actually do a load with the vent line unattached.

Old 07-10-05, 06:19 AM
Fran Sims
Visiting Guest
Kenmore 90 Series Gas Dryer

I have the same problem with my Kenmore 90 series gas dryer. I tried replacing the thermal fuse located on the blower assembly, but that hasn't worked. It seems like the dryer is getting hot and shutting down. Were you able to get the dryer fixed?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: