Magic Chef Gas Range Burners sometimes take a long time to lite.

Old 06-23-05, 08:27 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Magic Chef Gas Range Burners sometimes take a long time to lite.

Hello everyone. On one side of my gas range, the burners will lite fine for the most part, but on the other side of my range, it takes like 10 seconds almost for the burners to lite. Sometimes they won't even lite at all. It is electronic ignition. What could be causing this and how can I go about fixing it? This unit dosen't seem to be too terribly old I would think.

Old 06-23-05, 08:39 PM
Admin Emeritus
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello pcdoctor and Welcome to my Gas Appliances topic.

Top burners that do not lite from the sparkers, the most common cause can be restricted burner ports around the circumference of the burner head and or restricted burner ignition ports. Often times boil-overs and debris plug up the ports.

Clean the ignition ports {Holes} up the sides of the burner heads and those around the circumference of the burner heads and clear out all debris in the holes {Ports} Doing so will allow the burners to light from the sparkers.

To wash the burners they must be removed. There will be tiny screws securing them to the stove. The screws must be removed. There is also most likely to be a tab at the burner head. The tabed end will fit into a slot to secure that end.

The other end of the burner tube will be slipped over the orifice on the gas manifold. Removing a burner is a simply process of removing one attaching screw and slipping out the entire burner.

Once the 4 burners are removed, turn them upside down in the dishwashers rack and wash with other pots and pans items as usual.

The dish washing cleaning detergent will help to clean the burner heads, etc. The drying process will automatically dry the burners as it does the rest of of any items normally washed in the dishwasher.

Once this process is completed, simply reverse the removal process to reinstall the burners being sure to install each burner back into it's exact location and exactly as it was originally installed.

Range-Stove-Oven-Broiler Basic Help Information, Fault Codes & Mfg's Web Site Links http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=159808

Maytag Appliance Home Page:
http://www.maytag.com
Maytag 1-800-688-9900 USA
Maytag 1-800-688-2002 Canada
Maytag is also the maker of Amana, Jenn-Air, Magic Chef and Caloric Appliances.

Retail appliance parts dealers can also help determine what the possible problem may be also. They will need the make, model an serial numbers. Appliance parts dealers are an excellent source for original replacement parts. Dealers are listed in the phone book under appliances.

Web Site Host, Forums Monitor, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator & Multiple Forums Moderator. Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics and Repair Technician.

Old 06-23-05, 08:52 PM
P
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I do not have a dishwasher and it seems like it's kinda a hard process. I maybe able to get them apart, but may have a hard time getting them back together.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: