Kenmore Series 80 gryer too hot!

Old 06-29-05, 05:38 AM
ldcattle
Visiting Guest
Kenmore Series 80 gryer too hot!

My daughter has a fairly new Series 80 gas dryer. She says she has to dry everything on low because it gets too hot. It's so hot, it has melted and shrunk her clothes. There is nothing in the owners manuel addressing this problem.
I thought perhaps there is a way to turn the thermostat down or in some way regulate the heat other than the control knobs on the face of the fryer, however I can't find where it is. Not being familiar with gas appliances, I need help.

Thanks,
LDCATTLE

Old 06-29-05, 08:49 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello ldcattle. Welcome to my Gas Appliances topic and the Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

Thermostats are not adjustable. Only replaceable, if that is in fact the actual cause and the dryer is actually getting that hot. Not seen one do so, as described, in many years. The high temp limit safety switch would be shutting the burner off, if temps exceed the set limit.

Thermostat is a round electronic part attached to the blower housing. Has two or more wires attached to it. Search for the thermostat part by model number on the web site below.

Sears Appliance Parts & Repair:
Sears Home Page:
http://www.sears.com

Sears Search By Model Number Page:
http://www3.sears.com

If you need further assistance, use the reply button to add any additional information or questions, etc. Using this method also moves the topic back up to the top of the list automatically.

Web Site Host, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator & Multiple Forums Moderator. Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Personal Safety Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

DRYER SERVICE TIP:
It's always adviseable to clean the entire exhaust venting system every 2 years. Or during any dryer maintenance and or repairs.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: