GE Oven will not heat up

Old 07-03-05, 07:18 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
GE Oven will not heat up

GE JGBS20BEW1AD
Last evening my wife was baking a pie then oven heated up and seemed to be working proper.
II checked to see how things were cooking and when I opened the oven door I expected to get a blast of hot air.
The temp was set to 350 degrees the pie was warm but the oven was not longer ignited and cool to the touch.
I turn off the oven and waited until this morning to check things out.
The oven will not ignite and the Glow Igniter has no glow.
On the safe side there is not any gas odor.
I have noticed over the past few weeks some foods were not cooked right.
I thought I had made a mistake when setting the time and temperature.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank You :
Ed

Old 07-04-05, 06:16 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello Ed and Welcome to the Do It Yourself Web Site and my Gas Appliances topic.

Should be an easy fix. If the hot surface glow ignitor (HSI) does not glow and all control selections and settings on the front control panel are set correctly, chances are the HSI is burned out.

Replacing the HSI part is likely to solve the problem. A very common part that burns out or becomes weak needing replacement. Reading a few of the existing questions pertaining to ovens with like or similar problems will explain how to replace the HSI. The below link will also provide helpful information.

Help Link: Range-Stove-Oven-Broiler Basic Help Information & Manufacturers Web Site Links: http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=159808

Retail parts dealers and appliances parts stores can also help determine what the possible problem may be based upon that specific brand and model. Bring the make, model and serial numbers. Dealers and appliances parts stores are listed in the phone book.

Additional Suggestions:
Read the manufacturers online web site for product information, problem possibilities, causes, solving methods, part locations, disassembly, reassembly methods, repair procedures, pictorials, schematics, repair and or owners manuals which may be available online.

Cautionary Note:
Before attempting any repairs, be sure to unplug the appliance from the wall receptacle power source first.

Use the reply button to add additional information or questions. Using this method moves the topic back up to the top of the list automatically.

Web Site Host, Forums Monitor, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator & Multiple Forums Moderator & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Personal Safety Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Old 07-06-05, 10:26 AM
S
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks Sharp Advice for the help it took about ten minutes and the oven is working.
From the looks of your avatar you must be a mac user

Last edited by swatcat; 07-06-05 at 04:29 PM.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: