Amana Gas Cooktop: Burner won't ignite

Old 07-16-05, 12:17 AM
arline
Visiting Guest
Angry Amana Gas Cooktop: Burner won't ignite

I have an Amana sealed burner (4) gas cooktop, Model AKS3040, about 3-4 years old. It is still under parts warranty. For the last year, the right front burner (most commonly one used by me) won't automatically ignite. You can hear the ignitor clicking and the gas flowing and can see the sparks but the burner just won't light. I used to be able to blow hard on the burner, in the direction of the ignitor and the burner would then "catch". But now, even that doesn't work and I have to use a match. Upon looking very closely at the ignitor when it is sparking, perhaps it is sparking at a less frequent rate compared to the other burners. The areas around the burner and the ignitor, when I remove the cap, look spotless. The burner slots where I presume the gas comes out are also spotless. Amana says I would have to pay $129 for labor for a serviceman to come out and assess and fix, even though parts are "free". Lousy company. I would like to try and do myself, thank you very much, and get them to send me the part as implied in their warranty. Any help greatly appreciated.

Last edited by arline; 07-17-05 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Want to add add'l sentence of clarification.
Old 07-16-05, 01:57 PM
M
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
Make sure you put the top of the burner back in place properly. They must be in the proper position for ignition.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: