self-cleaning gas oven

Old 07-25-05, 08:35 PM
mommyme3
Visiting Guest
Post self-cleaning gas oven

I need to use the self-cleaning oven feature on my Tappan Millenia gas stove but I don't have any directions since the stove came with the house we recently bought. The oven and clock, etc. are all push-button digital. When I push the "clean" button that message shows on the readout, but after I push the arrow for the time(?) or cleaning mode(?) 1,2,3... a "dr" shows on the readout and it just keeps beeping. There doesn't appear to be any type of door lock that I can find.
I'd appreciate any help.

Old 07-28-05, 05:01 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello mommyme3 and Welcome to the Do It Yourself Web Site and my Gas Appliances topic.

I'm not personally familar with that brands model. The "DR" does imply the door latch locking device isn't working. May be an automatic self locking device which has no manually operated lever.

Best advice is to visit the local appliance parts store in your area and inquire about buying an owners manual and ask that specific problem. They will know the cause and have the part(s) needed to fix the problem. Dealers and appliances parts stores are listed in the phone book.

You could try disconnecting the electrical power for half an hour and than reconnecting. May reset the circuit board. Also may try inspecting the doors locking device for proper freely moving operation while power is off.

Use the reply button to add additional information or questions. Using this method moves the topic back up to the top of the list automatically.

Web Site Host, Forums Monitor, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator & Multiple Forums Moderator & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: