Gas Appliances

Old 01-10-00, 10:14 AM
Visiting Guest
I have a Maytag Gas Dryer with auto dry feature that has stopped working? What can I check? I am an electronic tech. with meters and tools. Thermistors? Timer? Can you guide me? Thanks

[This message has been edited by jjkay (edited January 10, 2000).]

Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-00, 06:25 PM
Visiting Guest
Hello jjkay:

You didn't mention if the other cycles are working properly. Therefore, assuming they are, it's most likely the timer contacts.

Since most timers are non repairable and the dryer does work on the other cycles, best bet would be replacing that item. <However, some are rather expensive.>

If the other cycles are also not drying properly, then it may be the moisture sensor or the thermostat. Both of these are located close to the fan on the discharge side.

Another possiblity, if the dryer does run on all cycles but the clothes take an extremely long time to dry if at all, check that exhaust tube for clogs of lint and also the outside dischage vent. Be sure that discharge vent flapper moves freely too.

Since you have electronic testing instruments, you may also find the wiring schematics located behind the front console.
Remove that back cover and check for it there.

Good Luck.

<When the clothes begin piling up, contact the dryer repair company. Dryers look simple and in most cases are but only to those who work on them daily.>

------------------
Sincerely,
TomBartco Enterprises.
Trade:Natural Gas Energy Consultant & Technician.
Appliance Service & Repairs Rep.
Vocation:Saw & Tool Sharpening and Small Engine Repairs.
Accurate Power Equipment Company.
E-Mail:[email protected]

Personal Quote: "Drive Safely. The Life You Save,
May Be Your Own."

Old 01-11-00, 06:08 PM
Visiting Guest
Cool

Hi all...if the "auto" dry has quit....look at bad vent...cycling on safety thermostat instead of the operating thermostat....then the operating thermostats in that order. The operating thermostats send power to the timer to operate it in the "auto" cycles. The "timed" dryer is powered directly to the timer motor with no thermostats in the timer curcuit.
Hope this helps,
jeff. http://appliancehelp.hypermart.net/