gas oven thermostat,control, regulator, etc.

Old 01-31-00, 12:04 PM
Visiting Guest
there are around this country a few people who rebuild oven thermostats for antique gas ranges but none so far that I can find that are willing to help me learn how. can you help? I know it can be done and the parts must be out there somewhere because these guys get sometimes as much as $350 for one job. I do wood,coal stoves and want to branch out.

Old 02-01-00, 09:13 PM
Visiting Guest
Lightbulb

Hi:bobolink

Your correct. There are guys who can rebuild oven T-Stats.

If you have one that still works and the cap tube <the part that goes into the oven to sense the temperature> is not broken or damaged, remove the core located just below the temp knob. There will be two screws holding down a clip which holds the core in the valve body.

Once thats out, apply some lite grease and reassemble.

If you need parts, the trick is to call the T-Stat manufacturer and ask where parts may be obtained. <Even if you have to pay retail your still bucks ahead.>

Be advised that many unauthorized repair people do not buy wholesale. You have to build a repor with a dealer and ask for the wholesale price.

Plus you will need the machine to put the charge in any new cap tube you install.

Good Luck,
Tom

------------------
Sincerely,
TomBartco
TomBartco Enterprises.
Trade:Natural Gas Energy Consultant & Technician.
Appliance Service & Repairs Rep.
Vocations:Saw & Tool Sharpening. Small Engine Repairs.
Accurate Power Equipment Company.
E-Mail:TomBartco@doityourself.com

Personal Quote:
"Drive Safely. The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: