Amana oven and broiler wont work

Old 08-09-05, 09:30 PM
Nortonrocs
Visiting Guest
Amana oven and broiler wont work

I have an Amana Model #AGR5715QDQ Gas Range, 15 months old. Oven and broiler wont work. Neither ignitor glows when panel is programmed. I could not find a fuse on wiring diagram or on oven. When turning broiler on, "SEE" appears on panel. Burners on top of range all work. Any suggestions?

Last edited by Nortonrocs; 08-09-05 at 09:40 PM. Reason: more info
Old 08-10-05, 09:01 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 5 Upvotes on 4 Posts
Hello Nortonrocs and Welcome to the Do It Yourself Web Site and my Gas Appliances topic.

Chances are the computerized control board is defective. Try unplugging the appliance for several hours and then plug it back in. Power failures can all cause error codes. The circuit board may reset but not very likely.

If unplugging the appliance from the electrical power source fails to resolve the problem, remove the board and touch key pad and take them to the local appliance parts store. Retail parts dealers can help determine what the possible problem may be.

Take the make, model and serial numbers and stop in at the store. The info will also help to determine the possible problem causes. Parts dealers are listed in the phone book.

Read the manufacturers online web site for problem possibilities, causes, solving methods, part locations, disassembly, reassembly methods, repair procedures, pictorials, schematics, repair and or owners manuals, which may be available online.

Maytag Appliance Home Page:
http://www.maytag.com
Maytag 1-800-688-9900 USA
Maytag 1-800-688-2002 Canada
Maytag is also the maker of Amana, Jenn-Air, Magic Chef and Caloric Appliances.

Web Site Host, Forums Monitor, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator & Multiple Forums Moderator & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: