Jenn Air Oven

Old 06-05-00, 07:21 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

I have a 1997 Jenn Air self cleaning oven who's clock and control panel just went dead. I checked the circuit breaker and power supply, all are functional. Any clue as to the problem?

Old 06-05-00, 07:48 PM
Visiting Guest
Lightbulb

Hi:Fountaine

I have a two locations for you to check prior to calling an appliance service company, for this type repair.

First, unplug the appliance. Then remove the bottom panel in the broiler section. Below this panel should be a fuse holder and possibly an extra fuse. If so, install the spare fuse and plug in the power cord to test the appliance.

If there isn't any spare fuse, get an EXACT replacement from an appliance store.

<<<Most appliance fusses are NOT the standard 120 volt household type of fuse!>>>

If there is no fuse located there, you may have to remove the front glass plate. <This part can be tricky.> You will need to first remove ALL the knobs then look for and remove all screws found in the decorative trim around the plate. Then remover the glass panel.

Behind this glass panel, look for the fuse holder there. Apply the same method explained in the broiler instructions, EXCEPT this time re-install the glass panel BEFORE plugging in the power cord.

All else fails, you may need to contact the appliance service company for the dealer in your area or check the yellow pages.

Good Luck,
TomBartco
Natural Gas Energy Technician and Consultant

Old 06-19-00, 09:00 AM
Visiting Guest
Hello,

Seems your clock and relay board may have gone out. You may call Jenn-Air @ 1-800-688-1100 and their CAIR Center can help you from there. Give a model/serialnumber to help diagnose the problem also.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: