GE XL44 oven will not light

Old 08-12-05, 02:10 PM
thenamcam
Visiting Guest
GE XL44 oven will not light

saw the other post on this issue, but my glow sensor does not light. i turn the oven on, the panel light goes on, but the oven never gets hot. but i also do not see anything glowing. thanks in advance for any help!

Old 08-13-05, 07:24 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello thenamcam. Welcome to my Gas Appliances topic and the Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

If there is no visable signs the HSI is glowing and all control panel selections are set correctly, replace the HSI first. Very likely the ignitor is burned out.

Cautionary Note:
Before attempting any repairs, be sure to unplug the appliance from the wall receptacle power source first.

If it is required to remove the burner, be sure it too gets installed exactly as you find it now. The end of the burner tube with the air shutter adjustment must be installed back onto the gas valves bronze or brass orifice. The other end of the burner tube must be secured as it currently is.

Glowing hot surface ignitors are fragile & break easily. Handle and install the new ignitor carefully. Glowing hot surface ignitors are a non returnable and non refundable electric componet. Be sure the electrical power to the appliance is turned off, before attempting any repairs.

Most replacement ignitors come already equipped with the quick disconnect reinstalled on the wire end of the new ignitor. If not, you will have to clip off the end from the old ignitor and install it on the new ignitors wires. Polarity is not important in this case.

Help Link: Range-Stove-Oven-Broiler Basic Help Information & Manufacturers Web Site Links: http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=159808

Use the reply button to add additional information or questions. Using this method moves the topic back up to the top of the list automatically.

Web Site Host, Forums Monitor, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator & Multiple Forums Moderator & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Personal Safety Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: