Kenmore Stove

Old 07-22-00, 09:04 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

I have a kenmore stove. It has electronic sparkers. It clicks all the time. what can I do about it? Also is there a way I can disconnect it and still get the oven to work? If I unplug it you have to use matches or lighter or such to light it and then the oven doesn't light or work(no gas). But the clicking keeps on going.It has shocked me already. So I keep it unpluged and use matches. HELP! !

Old 07-22-00, 08:58 PM
Visiting Guest
Hi:daydakay

Yes, you can disconnect the stoves top burners from the power source. This way you'll have electric power to the oven.

<Be sure the stove is unplugged first.>

Find the main wire going to the bank of switches, located on each gas valve. They are located on the gas valves under the top cover.

The switches are those white flat plastic looking parts on the gas valves with two wires connected to each one.

It would be a good idea to use electrical tape to seal the end of the main hot wire going to those switches. <Usually the wires colors are black and white and have terminals that pull off.>

After you completed this, you'll need to light the burners manually but the oven will work. Later, when you need other repairs, you can have the sparker problem also corrected on one house call by an appliance service repair company and save some $$$$

Good Luck,
TomBartco
Natural Gas Energy Technician and Consultant.
Personal Quote:
"Drive Safely. The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Old 07-24-00, 06:12 PM
Visiting Guest
Thank you! ! Tom Barco .
I will try this ....

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: