kelvinator,dryer

Old 07-31-00, 07:52 PM
Visiting Guest
i would like some help with my gas dryer,it will not get hot i did put a new igniter in it but that did not seem to help . it dose cycle.but there seems like it dose not open the gas valve so now i am stuck .i did clean the whole dryer so i dont think its from lint or dirt. so if you can help i will look for your answer thanks

Old 07-31-00, 08:47 PM
Visiting Guest
Lightbulb

Hi:AL F

Could be a defective solenoid. There are two of them. They are on top of the gas valve. <Look like spools of dark copper wire.>

When the dryer first starts, you hear one CLICK. This activates the glow coil. The second CLICK activates the gas valve.

Those CLICKS are the solenoids opening. If you hear none or just one CLICK, it could be a defective solenoid. Remove them and have them tested at any local gas appliance retail parts store.

Could be the timer. The points in the timer could be defective.

The temperature selection control, <on the front panel> could be incorrectly set or defective.

It is difficult to pinpoint exactly what the problem may be. I do not want to sound vauge but dryers do have several circuits and parts that control the gas burner, temperature and cycles. Often times trouble shooting these can present problems.

Good Luck,
TomBartco
Natural Gas Energy Technician and Consultant.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: