Gas Oven with electronics?

Old 08-11-00, 07:32 PM
Visiting Guest
Unhappy

My neighbor has a Sears gas /propane range with a "burner with a brain" or some kind of "electronic" sensor. Whatever, the range is about 6 years old. She says the oven is not working. Could it be that control and can I do anything to repair it? She called Sears or someone who quoted her $165. for part only over the phone.

Old 08-12-00, 06:02 AM
Visiting Guest
Hi:Juliee

I am not totally sure I know what part your referring to here. You can surely replace any part or parts yourself. <Just be sure to unplug the appliance first.>

The most important aspects here are:

First, be sure all the control panel selections are set correctly. <Set them all to the manual operation settings.>

Be aware, there is no refunds on appliance electrical parts. Therefore, be sure the part purcahsed is the needed part.

Work carefully. Many of these parts are fragile. Soap test all repairs to verfiy they are leak free.

Try calling the gas supplier. Many till have in home service. If they do not fix the appliance, often times the rep can tell you which part is defective.

Good Luck,
Tom

Old 08-12-00, 01:04 PM
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

Great idea!! Didn't think about the Propane guy! Thanks.

Read other posts and think the problem is probably the elctronic ignition/sparker, just like on one of the others. Going to check that out first. If I recall sometimes those just need cleaning, is that not right? I recall a guy I worked with once cleaning something with a needle. ??? Going to look at her's this afternoon. Thanks so much.

Julie

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: