GE XL 44 Oven Temperature Control knob -free spinning

Old 08-15-05, 08:02 AM
hdkemit
Visiting Guest
GE XL 44 Oven Temperature Control knob -free spinning

I have a 3 year old GE XL 44 gas oven. For some reason the oven temperature control knob does not appear to work properly. It free spins when you try to adjust the temperature of the oven. You can't turn the oven off/on or adjust the temperature. Any ideas how to replace it. I looked in the manual but it didn't go into much detail. I'd like to do it myself if possible. I had to turn the gas and electricity off to the unit in the meantime.

Old 08-16-05, 07:41 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello hdkemit and Welcome to the Do It Yourself Web Site and my Gas Appliances topic.

If the knob is turning freely, chances are the stem is cracked. Pull the knob off, and inspect the stem. If it is cracked, etc. replace it. Retail parts dealers and appliances parts stores will have an OEM part. Bring the make, model and serial numbers. Dealers & appliances parts stores are listed in the phone book.

Help Link: Range-Stove-Oven-Broiler Basic Help Information & Manufacturers Web Site Links: http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=159808

Use the reply button to add additional information or questions. Using this method moves the topic back up to the top of the list automatically.

Web Site Host, Forums Monitor, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator & Multiple Forums Moderator & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: