Gas Dryer smells

Old 09-23-00, 09:09 AM
Visiting Guest
My Gas dryer is giving off a lighter fluid smell to the clothes. The smell seems to start immediately after the burner starts. Have checked that everything is clean and unobstructed.Any ideas? thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-00, 08:24 AM
Visiting Guest
Hi:BSexton

Sometime recently there has been a petroleum product used in the house. Possibly an oil based paint, stain, varnish, adhesive or some form of cleaning product.

Anyone of these products or many others like them, contain a distillate of liquid. Check around the house.

Until that oil based product dries or cures, the odor and vapors will remain and so will the dryer smell.

At the end of the drying cycle, use the air fluff cycle to purge out the smell. Besure to return the selector on the dryer back to it's prior postition.

Regards,
TomBartco

Old 09-24-00, 06:59 PM
Visiting Guest
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tom_Bartco:
[B]Hi:BSexton

Tom, thanks so much you hit it right on the head, I have been varnishing in the basement and the fumes must have been sucked into the dryer. Thanks again, Bill

Old 07-28-05, 04:21 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
THANK YOU!!

I just did a google search for this very same thing happening in my dryer!! The first hit was this message, and it was perfect!! I have been waxing the dining room floors, and didnt notice the smell until the night I was waxing. It didnt bother me the first night, but last night it did.....because I hadnt waxed last night. I was also running the dryer within minutes after waxing the floors, and it must have just gotten in there!

Thanks!! (And if for some reason it turned out to not be the answer for your problems.....SOMEBODY please email me and let me know!!!)

Have a good day!