gas oven will not light

Old 11-17-00, 07:19 PM
Visiting Guest
We have a Kenmore gas oven. Model #362.7271190 The oven will not light. the top burners work fine but the oven will not turn on. There is no smell of gas and my husband replaced the coil and it still will not light. Also, oven has electric ignition. if there is a fuse, where can it be located? Thanks

[This message has been edited by BlackJ1019 (edited November 17, 2000).]

Old 11-18-00, 12:56 AM
Visiting Guest
Talking

A friend had a similar problem. It was found to be a build up of grease on the burner gas outlets. If esy to get at then clean out but probaly best solution is to replace the burners
quote:<HR>Originally posted by BlackJ1019:
We have a Kenmore gas oven. Model #362.7271190 The oven will not light. the top burners work fine but the oven will not turn on. There is no smell of gas and my husband replaced the coil and it still will not light. Also, oven has electric ignition. if there is a fuse, where can it be located? Thanks

[This message has been edited by BlackJ1019 (edited November 17, 2000).]
<HR>

Old 11-18-00, 08:20 AM
Visiting Guest
Hi:BlackJ1019

To locate the fuse, unplug the oven from the wall socket first. Then follow that electric cord into the oven.

The fuse should then be located close by. It may be under the lower broiler panel, close to the oven gas valve.

Another location may be found by following the glow coil wires from the quick disconnect, at the coil, to the gas valve.

Once you locate the fuse, test it for continuity even if it visually looks okay. Test for electrical continuity from both sides of the fuse holder and each wire from the holder to the gas valve, the glow coil and the thermostat.

Check the archives in this forum for additional information on this subject which I recently posted. The topic is called gas valves and glow coils.

Good Luck,
TomBartco

Old 11-21-00, 10:02 AM
Brian
Visiting Guest
it sounds like we are both having the same problem. Have you located the fuses, please let me know where they were. Thanks. Carole

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: