Magic Chef stove/range touch pad repair

Old 08-28-05, 12:43 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Magic Chef stove/range touch pad repair

The touch pad displays an error message that keeps coming back - I know the part # and would like to replace it - BUT HOW ? - anyone with experience with this repair ??

Old 08-30-05, 07:39 PM
M
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
As we can both see, nobody has responded. Guess you will have to do like the rest of us the first time. Just jump into it.. If you are POSITIVE that is the problem, ypu may want to purchase the part before you tear into range. Never know the instructions just may help. Wish I could be more helpful.

Old 08-31-05, 06:29 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello: jsoave

Not enough detailed information to make any reasonable determination exactly what the problem is. What is the error code? Also need appliances age, model number and the type of control panel, etc.

Best advice would be to purchase a service manual. Below is one of the many links to DIY advertisers web sites listed in the google ads.

http://www.pcappliancerepair.com/index.html

Old 08-31-05, 04:26 PM
J
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I have the solution ?

Thanks - I researched this problem the old fashioned way - I pulled the left side touchpad from the face of the control panel and I could see a male-female connection linking the touchpad to the guts of the stove - I've ordred the part - if I'm succcessful this has to be one of the easiest repairs ever - then I'll be an expert - I'll let you know.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: