Gas Dryer Vent

Old 09-24-05, 06:53 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Gas Dryer Vent

I've just remodelled a downstairs laundry room into a laundry/bathroom.

After tiling most of the floor except for the last part where I planned to put a vent pipe going into and venting underneath the floor, I now realise that I need to vent the dryer leading outside rather than just underneath the floor (as it was when we bought the house).

Has anyone got any advice on what I can do, hopefully without ripping up my newly laid ceramic tiled floor! I hear of a box with water that takes the venting instead. Any advice would be appreciated. I hope I've explained this well enough

Old 09-25-05, 09:26 AM
A dryer really needs to vent oustide. The lint trap boxes catch most (NOT ALL) of the lint. They do allow most of the warm moist air and carbon monoxide back into the room.

Old 09-26-05, 09:25 PM
T
Would it be a fire risk to vent this under the floor? The depth is about 4 ft and the space is about 20x8 d0wn there.

Im kicking myself really, I totally - and i mean totally remodelled this room. This was the only thing I forgot about.

Old 09-27-05, 08:40 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 98 Votes on 86 Posts
The indoor vent/lint trap you menitioned is only for electric dryers, not gas.

Old 09-27-05, 07:25 PM
T
Would it be ok to vent this under the tiled (sealed) floor (ie. going nowhere but underneath - not outside)?

If its not then I will have to take up the hallway laminate floor to crawl under to the laundry room and install a vent going from the dryer into the floor then under to the outside wall (there is a deck out the back).

Also known as a pain in the butt

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: