LP to Nat Gas

Old 10-14-05, 03:59 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
LP to Nat Gas

My dad just recently changed from LP to electric so i took his fairly new LP range. Is it possible to convert it from LP to Natural gas and if so where can i get the parts...Thanx for the help...

Old 10-14-05, 05:09 PM
H
It is likely that that range was originally set up for natural gas and converted to LP. The conversion is the opposite.

Flip the pin under the regulator cap, turn out the oven/broiler orfices and either turn out the cooktop orfices or swap the orfices for the sealed burner stoves.

You need to manufacturer and model info and find out which is the case. With luck, the parts (burner orfices) for the natural gas setup are still lying around.

While converting a range isn't difficult, I wouldn't recommend you doing it if you've never done it before. The wrong settings will make the range operate improperly creating a hazardous situation.

Old 10-14-05, 05:44 PM
Best bet is to contact the manufacturer. I had an LP stove up North and the gas company came out and changed the burner orfices. I have a Natural Gas stove that I had to convert to LP and the manufacturer states that all I have to do is flip over a piece in the regulator. What I am getting at is that you need to KNOW what you need to do. Gas of any type is not something you want to second guess. Good luck.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: