Old 10-23-05, 08:21 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
GAs Range Slow to reach temp

I have a Kenmore range
Model 36275875691
When calling for temperature, or in the heating mode:
Electronic pilot ignitore functions, visible inspection that it glows, the burner will light, yet the gas turns off to the burner after 4 or 5 seconds, then the gas will turn back on after 4 or 5 seconds...hence it takes quite some time to come to temperature since the burner is only on for short periods...I am assuming my thermmocouple is OK, since the oven will give the audible alarm upon reaching set temperature, and the temperature does not exceed the set temperature (food does not burn, oven does not continue to call for heat). I checked the air mixture, and this is clearly not the issue. I am suspecting it is a regulator or a valve control failing?
Thanks for your time and reply

Old 10-23-05, 05:52 PM
Admin Emeritus
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Dirty Pilot Flame Assembly or Weak Ignitor

Hello balddog. Welcome to my Gas Appliances topic.

A pilot ignitor is a sparking ignitor. It does not glow. Only a hot surface glow ignitor glows. So if the ignition system use a sparking ignitor the lights a flame, chances are the pilot assembly is dirty. Which causes a weak (cool) flame. Not hot enough to keep the safety element it is heating hot enough.

Solutions is to clean the entire pilot assembly. Cautionary Note: Before attempting any repairs, be sure to unplug the appliance from the wall receptacle power source first.

Help Link: Range-Stove-Oven-Broiler Basic Help Information & Manufacturers Web Sites: http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=159808
Reading some of the existing question pertaining to ovens will also provide much needed info.

An excellent source for orginal replacement parts is your local retail appliance parts store. Bring the make, model and serial numbers. The info will help to determine the possible problem causes.

Appliance part stores test and carry replacement parts for almost every brand. The locations for the dealers, agents and retail part stores are listed in the phone book.

If you need further assistance, use the REPLY button to add any additional information or ask additional questions after attempting the correctional method or methods offered.

Regards & Good Luck, Forum Host & Multiple Topic Moderator.
TCB4U2B2B Company Enterprises. Energy Conservation Consultant & Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Old 10-23-05, 08:17 PM
M
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
You say it glows so you have a HSI. Sounds like it is weak. Do you have an amp meter or volt meter. Or you could just change hsi. Take with you and get like for like. (I hate to say just change without amp reads, it kills me)

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: