GE gas range lower oven flame to high

Old 10-26-05, 08:19 AM
greyeagle
Visiting Guest
Question GE gas range lower oven flame to high

Hello Everyone,
Brand new GE gas range, model # JGBP26WEH3WW.
Lower oven flame comes up through the oven floor on both sides.
Oven has been converted from N to LP gas but gas company and private appliance personal cannot get the flame adjusted on the lower oven. This was just done on monday the 24th.
I'm afraid to put anything in the oven as I'm sure it will burn my bake-ware the flames are coming up so high.
The broiler and top burners work just fine.
Any help would really be appreciated getting this flame back where it belongs.
Thanks very much.

Old 10-26-05, 07:27 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello greyeagle. Welcome to my Gas Appliances topic and the Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

Amazing..... An appliance service rep and a gas service person cannot adjust an oven burner? Amazing! Thought I heard it all..... Oh Well.

Should be easy enough to correct. Replace the existing nat gas orifice with a propane orifice, equal to the existing burners btu rating. The orifice can be purchased at any local appliance parts store.

Be sure to note the existing btu rating which is listed on the manfg rating plate along with the brand name, model and serial numbers. Take the orifice and the info on the plate to the local dealers and buy the orifice.

Than remove the burner. There is a front clip holding the burner and likely a slotted blade on the bend at the back end of the burner. Lift it off the brass or bronze orifice. Replace that orifice with the LP orifice. Turn it down until it bottoms gently. Than open it up by turning the orifice counter clock wise, about 1/4 the ways up.

Once the burner is replaced back onto the orifice and secured front and back, turn the oven on and note the flame size. Adjust burner flame size to within 1 to 1 and 1/2 inches in from ends of flame spread. Job done.

Use the reply button to add additional information or questions. Using this method keeps the topic back up to the top of the list automatically.

Web Site Host, Forums Monitor, Web Sites Moderator Hiring Agent, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator & Multiple Forums Moderator & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Personal Safety Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Old 10-26-05, 09:13 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
And they left it on for you to use?
I would call the gas co & have a supervisor know about this.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: