Whirlpool LP to Gas conversion

Old 11-11-05, 07:41 PM
gails
Visiting Guest
Smile Whirlpool LP to Gas conversion

Hi I have a whirlpool gas stove model # SF365BEYN0 and I need to convert it from LP to Natural Gas. We have the orpheus's but cannot locate where to put them on the stove. Can you please direct me in finding them. Once found we know how to change it but a refresher would be nice. The stove was given to me by a friend that used LP and my home is natural gas.
Thanks
Gail

Old 11-11-05, 08:25 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello Gail and Welcome to the Do It Yourself Web Site and my Gas Appliances topic.

The orifices are located at the back end of each burner. The long tube from each burner sits on the orifice. Which looks like a hex nut on it's one end and a thimble on the other end. Remove the burner and the orifice will be there.

The ovens burner tube also sits on the orifice. The front of the burner will be secured with a clip or cotter pin. The back end secured by a slotted blade. The tube is likely to curve downwards and onto the gas control valve. The orifice is the brass or bronze hex nut on the gas valve the sticks upwards.

Cautionary Note:
Before attempting any repairs, be sure to unplug the appliance from the wall receptacle power source first.

Help Link: Range-Stove-Oven-Broiler Basic Help Information & Manufacturers Web Sites: http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=159808

Whirlpool's Home Web Site: (Also makes appliances for Sears)
http://www.whirlpool.com

Use the reply button to add additional information or questions. Using this method keeps the topic back up to the top of the list automatically.

Web Site Host, Forums Monitor, Web Sites Moderator Hiring Agent, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator & Multiple Forums Moderator & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Personal Safety Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Old 11-11-05, 09:02 PM
gails
Visiting Guest
Smile Whirlpool LP to Gas conversion

Thankyou,
We did find the orphesus but now we arent as knowledgable as we thought..lol How do we do the conversion from LP to Natural Gas . We have the new orphesus to do it but not sure of the exact specs. Any help would be awesome.
Thanks Gail

Old 11-11-05, 09:05 PM
gails
Visiting Guest
Smile another ? on Whirlpool Conversion from Lp to Gas

Thankyou,
We did find the orphesus but now we arent as knowledgable as we thought..lol How do we do the conversion from LP to Natural Gas . We have the new orphesus to do it but not sure of the exact specs. Any help would be awesome.
Thanks Gail

Old 11-12-05, 03:40 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello: Gail

Once the burners are off, unscrew the existing orifices and screw on the replacements to the same positions as the existing ones. Than reinstall the burners exactly as they where when you started. Reinstall the hold down tabs with the same screws you removed to secure that burners in place.

The orifices have 7/16th inch hex nut ends. Use an open ended 7/16th inch wrench to remove and reinstall the orifices. Doubt any other adjustments will need to be made.

The regulator is the part the supply gas is connected to. On it there will be a device and or lever that needs to be moved or turned from Nat to LP. That should automatically convert the appliances regulator from LP to Natural gas.

There is very likely a set screw on the ovens thermostat that also needs to be set to LP. Remove the temperature knob and using a flashlight look for a slotted screw on the body of the T-Stat. Turn the screw from LP to N or Nat.

Models vary. So a conversion is not always one standard procedure method. The above is the basic and or common conversion method. Yours may vary slightly. The local appliance parts store can help further, if needed. As can the natural gas supplier. Ask them for assistance, if need be.

Use the REPLY button to add additional information or questions. Doing so keeps all the communications in one thread. Thanks.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: