Maytag Oven Door Glass Broken

Old 11-12-05, 11:49 AM
Mari
Visiting Guest
Question Maytag Oven Door Glass Broken

The inner glass of my Maytag Gas Oven (model MGR5730BD) just cracked. Is this something I can replace myself? And if so, does anyone know where I could get a manual on how to take the door apart

Old 11-12-05, 05:09 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello Mari and Welcome to the Do It Yourself Web Site and my Gas Appliances topic.

Replacing the inner or outter glas is a do it yourself task. Remove the door. Most simply lift up off the hindges. Open the door partially and lift upwards. Some models there is two clips that lift up before the door lifts up off the hinges.

Once off, remove the decorative trim screws. Carefully remove the broken or cracked glass. Install the new glass and secure the decorative back onto the door. Slide door back onto hinges. Job done.

Buy the glass at any local appliances parts store. The glass is specially made heat tempered glass. Only use OEM heat tempered glass or any other will burst or blow out or crack when heated.

Use the reply button to add additional information or questions. Using this method keeps the topic back up to the top of the list automatically.

Web Site Host, Forums Monitor, Web Sites Moderator Hiring Agent, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator & Multiple Forums Moderator & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Personal Safety Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Old 11-18-05, 10:32 PM
Mari
Visiting Guest
Wink Thank you

Thank you so much for the information. I will try it and if I have problems I will post here.

What a great forum this is!! I am so glad I found it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: