Help! Roper Gas Oven w/electronic igniter won't light/heat

Old 11-17-05, 08:44 AM
sophia
Visiting Guest
Help! Roper Gas Oven w/electronic igniter won't light/heat

Please Help!

I have an older model Roper Gas Stove/Oven. It has an electronic ignition. It was working fine until yesterday when I unplugged it. I plugged it back in and now it will not work. The burners do not light and the oven will not heat. When I turn the burner knobs to the 'lite' position I do not hear the 'clicking' sounds. I can light the burners maunually though. I took off the top of the stove and tried to light what looked to me like pilot lights (in the center of the two burners on each side) but they will not light.

Old 11-17-05, 05:57 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello sophia and Welcome to the Do It Yourself Web Site and my Gas Appliances topic.

Pulg the plug out of the wall outlet and reinstall it. May not have been connected correctly inside the wall outlet. If that does not solve the problem, check for power at the wall outlet using a lamp. Plug lamp into same outlet as stove and turn light on. If light turns on there is power.

If light does not turn on, no power. Check fuse box at the main electrical power panel to the house. A breaker may be off. Not likely a stove problem caused by simply unplugging the appliance. Must be more to this than that.

Need more help if the light turns on? Ask. Be glad to help you more. Use the reply button to add additional information or questions. Using this method keeps the topic back up to the top of the list automatically.

Web Site Host, Forums Monitor, Web Sites Moderator Hiring Agent, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator & Multiple Forums Moderator & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Personal Safety Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: