Unscrewing an oven light bulb.

Old 11-17-05, 09:23 AM
dljohannsen
Visiting Guest
Question Unscrewing an oven light bulb.

Help! My oven light is stuck. I can't unscrew it, my husband can't unscrew it, my FIL couldn't unscrew it.

Any suggestions for how to loosen it? I think our oven is a GE, and the bulb is on the back wall of the oven, located in a protective glass housing. It's the housing that's stuck; the bulb may be stuck too but I won't find out until I can get the housing unscrewed.

Any suggestions? I'm desperate - Thanksgiving is next week!

Old 11-17-05, 09:51 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Could be a film build-up from various foods. The screws are usually phillips head. Try inserting the screwdriver and GENTLY tapping on the handle with a hammer while applying turning pressure to the handle.. The vibration may loosen the screws. You may also have a build-up around the seal of the cover. This can be pryed along the edge with a flat tip screwdriver. Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving wishes.

If it is the screws that won't turn and the tapping does not work, use a 1/4" socket and ratchet with a phillips bit in it.

Old 11-17-05, 10:15 AM
dljohannsen
Visiting Guest
I think my problem is bigger than that...

I'm part of the problem: I didn't think to look for screws.

Thanks for the tip.

Old 11-17-05, 10:32 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
All of the ovens I have owned had two screws that held the glass cover on. Hope this is the case with yours and you get it removed.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: