Amana AGS781WW [oven door replacement]

Old 11-19-05, 10:03 PM
Darbi
Visiting Guest
Question Amana AGS781WW [oven door replacement]

I bought a new house and the old owners left me their oven which was really dirty. My father took off the glass door when he was painting the house so I could clean it. I cleaned it and now he is 300 miles away so he can't help me put it back together. I think I may have assembled part of it wrong because I can't get it to fit in the frame. Does nayone know how to put this together correctly or where I can get a picture diagram from? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Old 11-20-05, 04:28 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello Darbi. Welcome to Gas Appliances topic and our Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

Most oven door are both removed and replaced by setting the door slightly opened. There will be a position that allows the door to remain partially opened by a detent that can be felt if the door where opened about 1/6th opened.

That is the removal position. Once there the door is simply lifted straight upwards and off it's hinges. Replacement is reverse of the above procedure. Some ovens use locking clips that must be lifted upwards prior to lifting the door upwards and off the brackets. Look for those locking clips that must be lifted upwards. They will be close to the inside bottom of the door.

If you mean up removed the door and than removed the glass from the door, the glass should simply be placed back into it's original position and the otter chrome trim replaced. The decorative outter trim is what holds the entire assembly together. Hope this explaination helps.

Only place a picture diagram may possibly be obtained is at a local appliance parts store in your area. Or you will need to buy an owners/service manual.

Maytag Appliance Home Page:
http://www.maytag.com
Maytag 1-800-688-9900 USA
Maytag 1-800-688-2002 Canada
Maytag is also the maker of Amana, Jenn-Air, Magic Chef and Caloric Appliances.

Help Link: Range-Stove-Oven-Broiler Basic Help Information & Manufacturers Web Sites: http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=159808

Retail appliance parts dealers are listed in the phone book. Bring the make, model and serial numbers.

Use the reply button to add additional information or questions. Using this method keeps the topic back up to the top of the list automatically.

Web Site Host, Forums Monitor, Web Sites Moderator Hiring Agent, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator & Multiple Forums Moderator & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Personal Safety Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: