[dryer internal access for] vent cleaning

Old 11-25-05, 11:50 AM
DarcyE
Visiting Guest
[dryer internal access for] vent cleaning

I have a 90 Series Kenmore Gas Dryer, with the vent along the bottom of opening in front. I was cleaning it with the lint filter removed and dropped something down into the vent area (in front). I am trying to figure out how to get into the vent area (right by the lint vent filter), not in the vent area after it leaves the dryer. My manual has dissappered. If anyone has a link to a kenmore/dryer site where I could look at how to get into that area (for free), or has an idea of entering this area, I would appreciate your assistance.

Thanks much,
Darcy

Old 11-25-05, 12:46 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello Darcy. Welcome to my Gas Appliances topic and the Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

At leasyt two common methods used to access front area of cabinet. Open door and look around the interior door frame. Remove all screws found. Than lifting from the front panel bottom up and outwards towards yourself to release the top hinges.

Another method use on some machines is to remove two lower panel screws found at the very bottom of the front panel. Use about the same removal method as above.

Some machines the top lid must be lifted first. Two clips used to secure it to front panel must be released first. Located about 2-4 inches inwards between front panel and top lid in the slot between them.

Use a thin blade or old credit card to push clips in. Lid likely to pop up. Once than happens remove panel and disconnect two wires on door safety switch.

***Be sure the electrical power to the appliance is turned off, before attempting any repairs or services. Always check for gas leaks whenever moving the appliance and/or a service or repair includes any connection of a gas part.

Read the existing questions on the subject of dryers. Doing so will quickly provide you with answers to questions & provide additional information on how to resolve the problem. I just recently replied to another member with like or similar information. Read the dryer sticky note too.

Gas Dryer Help Link:
this post

ears Appliance Parts & Repair:
Sears Home Page:
http://www.sears.com

Sears Search By Model Number Page:
http://www3.sears.com

Whirlpool's Home Web Site: (Also makes appliances for Sears)
http://www.whirlpool.com

Use the reply button to add additional information or ask additional questions. Doing so will automatically move or keep your question to the top of the forums list of questions.

Regards & Good Luck. Web Site Host, Forums Monitor, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator & Multiple Forums Moderator. Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Personal Safety Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

DRYER SERVICE TIP:
It's always adviseable to clean the entire exhaust venting system every 2 years. Or during any dryer maintenance, connection, servicing and or repairs.

Old 11-25-05, 06:17 PM
DarcyE
Visiting Guest
Smile Thanks

I'll try this.

Thanks, Darcy

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: