Xl44 Gas Range Won't Lite Automatically

Old 12-09-05, 09:28 AM
badrepp
Visiting Guest
Xl44 Gas Range Won't Lite Automatically

When I turn the burner dial to lite I get a clicking sound, same for all 4 burners, I get a smell of gas but it does not lite. I can lite the burners with a match. any information would be helpful

Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-05, 02:42 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Yes, you can light the burners with a match but that's not explaining why they won't light on their own.

Do you see spark coming from the igniters?
Are the burners and burner caps properly seated?
Are the burner holes around the igniters free of debris?

Old 12-09-05, 06:24 PM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Arrow Restricted Ignition Ports

Hello badrepp. Welcome to my Gas Appliances topic and the Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

Top burners that do not lite from a pilot flame or from a sparker ignition, the most common cause can be restricted burner ports around the circumference of the burner head and or restricted burner ignition ports. Often times boil-overs and debris plug up the ports.

Ignition ports are tiny holes up one side of the burner head. If these holes are restricted, they must be cleared out. Cleaning can be accomplished using sewing pin needle. Do not enlarge the ignition holes. Doing so will have adverse burner lighting effects.

In cases of extremely dirty burner heads, soaking the burners in very hot water with plenty of dissolved automatic dishwasher detergent for several hours, rinsing and drying or a combination of both methods for heavily soiled burners.

Range-Stove-Oven-Broiler Basic Help Information, Fault Codes & Mfg's Web Site Links http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=159808

If you need further assistance, use the reply button to add any additional information or ask additional questions. Doing so will automatically keep your question at the top of the forum list.

Retail appliance parts dealers can also help determine what the possible problem may be also. They will need the make, model an serial numbers. Appliance parts dealers are an excellent source for original replacement parts. Dealers are listed in the phone book under appliances.

***Be sure the electrical power to the appliance is turned off, before attempting any repairs. Always check for gas leaks whenever the appliance is moved and/or a repair includes any connection of a gas part.

Kindly use the reply button to add any additional information and or questions. Any additional information you add will than remain within this posting. Using this method also moves or keeps your question at the top of the list automatically.

Web Site Host, Forums Monitor, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator & Multiple Forums Moderator. Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics and Repair Technician.

Personal Driving Safety Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely. "The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."