Info on obsolete gas stove

Old 12-09-05, 02:17 PM
Tom Mayich
Visiting Guest
Question Info on obsolete gas stove

I have a Findlay propane stove, model 212W, that has developed a gas leak on the two front stove burner controls. I can't seem to find anybody that can provide a replacement control. The stove is about 30 - 40 years old and has worked perfectly until now. Any suggestions on where / how I can find replacement parts?

Old 12-09-05, 06:07 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello Tom. Welcome to my Gas Appliances topic and the Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

If you are referring to the top burner gas valves, those vlaves under the knobs, generic versions are or at least should still be available at any local appliance parts store in your area.

Appliance parts dealers are an excellent source for original replacement parts. Dealers are listed in the phone book under appliances.

Never have had any problem locating them myself nor replacing the original types with the generic types. The screw in types are the only interchangeable types. Not those using an "O" ring on the gas manifold.

If you are interchanging the word control in place of the gas valves, I follow along. But if control means another part, kindly explain in detail what the part is or looks like or does. Help me help you.

Also depends upon what is meant by leaking and exactly where the leak is or odor is noticed. Old style valves can be regreased to stop some minor leaks. The process can be tricky for a do it yourself person though.

Oiling them is easier but it to can be difficult to clearly explain in a text only format. But I have done it before and possibly can again. Not a process for the faint of heart.

Kindly use the reply button to add any additional information and or questions. Any additional information you add will than remain within this posting. Using this method also moves or keeps your question at the top of the list automatically.

Web Site Host, Forums Monitor, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator & Multiple Forums Moderator. Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics and Repair Technician.

Personal Driving Safety Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely. "The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: