Dented stainless steel

Old 12-10-05, 03:54 PM
S
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Dented stainless steel

I'm trying to decide b/t stainless steel or at least the ss facade and regular white appliances for my kitchen... Is stainless steel hard to keep up and is there a "fix" for potential dents? Can they be suctioned out like a car dent?
thanks,
deb

Old 12-11-05, 08:03 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello Deb. Welcome to my Gas Appliances topic.

Stainless steel cannot be undented best as I am aware of. Always used in commerical applications so the surface can show cleaniness. The surface is hard to damage where it applies to commerical applications but not always best for residential usage, in my opinion. Shows finger prints, etc very easily.

I highly doubt the surface of stainless steel can be fixed if dented. But so to does this apply to baked on enameled surfaces. Not easy or inexpensive to fix.

Old 12-15-05, 05:15 PM
S
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Talking

Thank You! I think I'm going to go with the fake "silver steel" which doesn't show the fingerprints and can hold Magnets! I guess if any appliance dents it's going to be ugly and likely unfixeable. I just thought maybe it could be suctioned out somehow... it's unfortunate in the price difference (even with the fake metal!) But almost ALL the white gas stoves are coming with GRAY burners now and I prefer black... so I guess I'll go with the trend and hope for now accidents.
The doggy nose prints can be wiped off!
deb

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: