gas cooker

Old 12-13-05, 06:36 AM
tammy
Visiting Guest
gas cooker

Can anyone help me I have a Cannon Lincon model gas cooker the rings are igniting ok but the oven wont ignite the pilot light comes on though, anybody who can help would be most gratefull
Joe cheers

Old 12-14-05, 06:27 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello Joe and Welcome to the Do It Yourself Web Site and my Gas Appliances topic.

Chances are the safety element the pilot flame is heating is defective and or the pilot assembly is dirty. A dirty dusty pilot flame will than not be hot enough to allow the safety element to work.

Pilot flame usually is slightly yellowed in color. Cleaning the pilot assembly, as a first time attempt to resolve the problem, is a require step. Try using a can of computer keyboard cleaner to blow out dust and or dirt, etc.

Help Link: Range-Stove-Oven-Broiler Basic Help Information & Manufacturers Web Site Links: http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=159808

Use the reply button to add additional information or questions. Using this method moves the topic back up to the top of the list automatically.

Web Site Host, Forums Monitor, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator & Multiple Forums Moderator & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Personal Safety Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: