Magic Chef stovetop ignitors not sparking

Old 01-05-06, 04:12 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Magic Chef stovetop ignitors not sparking

I have a gas Magic Chef oven and the stovetop ignitors are not sparking. I am getting gas out of the burner and I am able to light it with a flame wand. The oven starts just fine. The digital display works. I just received the stove today from my sister and do not know where to start. The stove itself is about 8yrs old ,was only in use for 1yr and is in great shape except for this problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 01-05-06, 05:57 PM
Admin Emeritus
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello dugc. Welcome to my Gas Appliances topic and the Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

Very possible if all the sparkers fail to work, the spark module is defective or there may be fuse along side the module under it's protective cover. Be sure the electrical power to the appliance is turned off or plug removed from wall outlet before looking or attempt to remove any fuse found or the module.

More information can be found here:
Help Link: Range-Stove-Oven-Broiler Basic Help Information & Manufacturers Web Sites:http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=159808

Retail parts dealers and appliances parts stores can also help determine what the possible problem may be based upon that specific brand and model. Bring the make, model and serial numbers. Dealers and appliances parts stores are listed in the phone book.

Maytag Appliance Home Page:
http://www.maytag.com
Maytag 1-800-688-9900 USA
Maytag 1-800-688-2002 Canada
Maytag is also the maker of Amana, Jenn-Air, Magic Chef and Caloric Appliances.

Use the reply button to add additional information or questions. Using the reply button keeps or moves the topic back up to the top of the list automatically.

Web Site Host, Forums Monitor, Web Sites Moderator Hiring Agent, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator, Multiple Forums Moderator & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Old 01-06-06, 01:38 PM
D
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks Sharp Advice

Thanks for the info I will look into the problem and let you know how it goes

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: