Purchasing a New Gas Stove

Old 01-11-06, 03:37 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Purchasing a New Gas Stove

I need a new Gas Stove! I don't know where to go and where to start. What do I need to know before I go to purchase? What are the key factors do I need to know? I noticed there are a wide range of brands...and w/ each brand different ones to choose from! It became so complicated...

All I know is I want a stainless steel gas stove that works.

Help with anything is great!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-06, 03:54 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Check out the Big Box store sites. Many brands and sizes and prices to choose from. They have gotten really complicated with burners that have different BTU heats. For me, as long as it's hot, it works. Don't tell me HOW hot it is. LOL. Good luck.

Old 01-11-06, 08:43 PM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Hello: DIYADDICT

My usual reply is I nor anyone else can make choices for you. Only you can becuase you know best what you want any appliance for. Most importantly what features you will need and those you will not need or use.

Do not allow yourselfe to become overwhelmed with option and features you know you will not use or do not need. Look at the appliances offered and select one with as close to the features you need, will use and or want.

That princple above will avoid many of the glormour and sales pitch falls. Also consider your budget as well as the appliance measurements to fit the space alloted.

The more features and options the more chances for part and or compnet failures. Can't get away from computer boards, electronic parts etc. Almost no choices there. But you can above the pitfalls of too many festures and options you will never use or use too little.

Regardless of your personal choice, each product has to be selected by your individual selection process, needs and price range.

In my personal option, there isn't any one product brand better than the other. They all perform equally well and all require parts and service sometime during the products life expectancy and ownership. Select the one of your choice, install it, use it and maintain it well.

Alway's consider the warranties and future service needs for any major appliances your considering to purchase. Price isn't always the best guide for long term appliance investments.